Our courses are designed for beginners as well as for participants at higher levels of proficiency in Polish.
The participants who declare themselves beginners will automatically be assigned into the beginners' group. However, participants who state some knowledge of Polish in their registration form will be given a test on the first day of the course. Depending on the test results, they will be assigned to groups of appropriate language levels.
During every two-week session there are usually 3-7 groups at different levels of proficiency. The maximum number of students in a group is 12.
Our language courses are taught by experienced teachers who have graduated from language departments at Polish universities and completed additional studies in Teaching Polish as a Foreign Language. All of them have been teaching Polish as a foreign language for several years.
Size of the groups and daily number of classes
The course comprises two to five units of language lessons a day (45 minutes each). Additionally, students attend one consultation hour with teacher daily.
Due to the fact that in small groups the intensity of learning is much higher, the daily number of lessons depends on the number of students:
|Number of students in the group||Daily number of Polish language lessons|
|8-12||5 plus 1 consultation hour|
|5-7||4 plus 1 consultation hour|
|2-4||3 plus 1 consultation hour|
|1||2 plus 1 consultation hour|
Students who find themselves in a group that has fewer than five daily language lessons have the following possibilities to increase their daily number of lessons:
1) attending the consultation hours;
2) buying additional lessons by the whole group at a preferential price of 4-7 Euro/lesson for each group member;
3) buying individual lessons at a preferential price of 10 Euro/lesson (12 Euro during summer courses).
Classes meet Monday through Friday. In the afternoon (in the summer only!) various activities of our cultural and social program are scheduled.
At the end of the course all participants receive a certificate of course completion with a grade.
The detailed course schedule looks as follows:
- first Sunday: arrival in Krakow;
- first Monday: only beginners have their Polish classes; all other participants take a placement test consisting of a written and an oral part; Old Town sightseeing in the afternoon and a welcome party in the evening;
- Monday - Friday: morning: language classes plus the teacher's office hour, afternoon: sightseeing, additional events (see Cultural program);
- Saturday: one-day trip to the mountains with a hike. Please do not forget to bring your hiking boots;
- Sunday: a day off;
- last Friday: last day of instruction. In the afternoon - a farewell party during which the certificates of course completion are handed out;
- last Saturday: departure.
It is possible to arrange for additional, individual language lessons in the afternoons.